Note: Most of the creatures described in this section have their earth counterparts and are slightly different from them, but there are also unique found only in the creation of Tamriel, they are highlighted in gold font .
Belongs to the class of cartilaginous fishes. Sharks are large fish with long body, which gives it exceptional hydrodynamic properties. Sharks are predatory fish and fast swimmers. They live in seas and oceans around Tamriel. Eat fish, but dangerous as it can attack a person or elf, if he is in the ocean.
Reference. TESA: Redguard, Shark-werewolf
Fighting fish (River Betty):
Fighting fish is a small fish lilac color, which can be found in freshwater bodies of the province of Skyrim. Is of great interest to alchemists.
Reference. TES5: Skyrim
Fish living on the bottom of the seas of Tamriel. This lifestyle has led to the fact that flatfish swim “sideways”, which has a very flattened body, and her eyes are only on one, upper, side. The upper side is also more brightly coloured and there are fins. Flounder is the subject of the fishery the fishermen of Tamriel because of their meat. Continue reading
12. What is the jellyfish, common in the Black and Azov seas, burning like nettles? ( Kornerot, or Hrizostom .)
13. What Medusa has much more victims than any shark? ( Sea wasp – Hironex from the squad Fleckeri Jellyfish. Occurs in the Great Barrier reef of Australia. Bell diameter up to 4,5 cm Usually “stung” her people are killed in a few minutes. The sea wasp venom affects the nervous system, leads to paralysis of the heart.
15. In some cases, predatory polychaetes dangerous to humans? ( Chitinous hook, with a serrated inner edge of the jaws of carnivorous polychaetes associated with venomous glands. Polychaetes may also have parapodia with poisonous bristles. Suffer from them most often fishermen, brought out the trawl catch. At a strong poisoning there is a sharp pain and swelling in the arms, appear headache, nausea.
16. In any case, some edible bivalves can be poisonous? ( If their tissues are developing certain bacteria or accumulate toxic substances.
17. What mollusk is called the “blue death”? ( Small (20 cm, 100 g) Hapalochaena octopus maculosa, which lives in the coastal areas of the tropical zone of the Pacific and Indian oceans. In the excited state it is covered with bright blue spots. Salivary glands of octopus have venom neurotoxins acting simultaneously on the nervous and muscular system. The bite of this clam privided paralysis of the respiratory muscles . Continue reading
Fish of the Black sea – a total of 193 species. About all we will not speak. But some of the fish species of the Black sea is worth mentioning.
The mullet is a genus of fish of the family of mullets, numbering two kinds. This valuable little food fish reaches a length of 40 cm red mullet are Distinguished by the presence of long “whiskers” on the lower jaw, which muddies the sand on the sea bottom and catching small animals. Live in the Mediterranean and adjacent seas. Fishing for red mullet .
Goatfish or red mullet
Kalkan, the largest black sea flatfish, reaches a length of over 70 cm and a weight of 12-16 kg. more Dark spin Kalkan (formerly the left side) covered with numerous bony tubercles. Hard skin fish owes its name to the Turkish word “Kalkan” means a shield with additional protection, umbono. Kalkan inhabits sandy and Shelly soils of the seabed. Winter and summer it is the depth, in spring and autumn makes a small migration and moves to shallow water. It spawns from April to July. Feeds on demersal fish and crabs. The body flounders glosses covered with scales. Eyes, unlike Kalkan, moved to the right side. Length of Glossa is not more than 30 cm. Continue reading