Aquarium fish — ornamental fish. which are contained in the aquariums. Aquarium fish originate from China. The Chinese began to breed aquarium fish since 2000 BC.
The family of aquarium fish
To aquarium fish are fish of the following families:
Dwelling in natural conditions
The majority of aquarium fish in natural conditions live in tropical and subtropical freshwater reservoirs, so when artificial content of some of the fish needed the sea water, relatively high water temperature is roughly equivalent to room temperature of the aquarium.
The aquarium and aquarium equipment
The preferred fish for an aquarium is rectangular in shape, round is valid if the volume of the aquarium is 200 L. the Form is important to adequately represent the fish about space. The content of fish in the aquarium-the glass often leads to death, not because of lack of water and due to nervous disease, caused by the shape of the aquarium [ citation 787 days ] . Continue reading
Class – Cartilaginous fish / subclass – Plasminogene fish (Elasmobranchii) / Superorder Sharks (Selach)
History of the study
The history of the evolution of hammerhead sharks has been very successful. In our days it is one of the most common shark species in the world, and in some places they’re just going in astounding quantities. Hundreds of individuals run around seamounts.
Few other species of sharks form such large flocks. This is one of the greatest mysteries of the ocean. Why are so many of these sharks gathered in one place, at one time. Oddly enough, in these large schools the majority are female, and we don’t yet know why this happens.
Widely distributed in tropical and temperate waters of all oceans, except, of course, the Arctic. Most commonly found in the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean sea, near Hawaii, Philippines, New Zealand and many other seas of warm and temperate latitudes.
Hammerhead shark is truly one of the most unusual sharks. Her appearance seems truly alien, but it is quite common in tropical seas around the world.
When you look at the shark hammer head there is just one question – why this animal has this kind of pharmagology? What is it? And how it appeared? After all, nature creates freaks. And if it generates by mistake, they can not compete with “normal” types and die. All the more strange that there are many types of hammerhead sharks of all shapes and sizes, at least 9 different species. Surely nature could make so many mistakes and “give birth” so many freaks, well there are millions of years?! Continue reading
Note: Most of the creatures described in this section have their earth counterparts and are slightly different from them, but there are also unique found only in the creation of Tamriel, they are highlighted in gold font .
Belongs to the class of cartilaginous fishes. Sharks are large fish with long body, which gives it exceptional hydrodynamic properties. Sharks are predatory fish and fast swimmers. They live in seas and oceans around Tamriel. Eat fish, but dangerous as it can attack a person or elf, if he is in the ocean.
Reference. TESA: Redguard, Shark-werewolf
Fighting fish (River Betty):
Fighting fish is a small fish lilac color, which can be found in freshwater bodies of the province of Skyrim. Is of great interest to alchemists.
Reference. TES5: Skyrim
Fish living on the bottom of the seas of Tamriel. This lifestyle has led to the fact that flatfish swim “sideways”, which has a very flattened body, and her eyes are only on one, upper, side. The upper side is also more brightly coloured and there are fins. Flounder is the subject of the fishery the fishermen of Tamriel because of their meat. Continue reading
In recent years, the breeding of decorative fish species, such as koi fish, is a favorite pastime of lovers of the exotic. Besides, it’s still a pretty profitable business. Those Japanese with fancy coloration fishes are of great interest not only to aesthetes. Garden ponds with such inhabitants become the perfect decoration for any suburban area. The owners of artificial lakes should take into account the fact that koi carp is quite cold and prefers clean, flowing water with high oxygen content. This environment will provide the exotic fish comfortable habitat conditions.
For successful breeding and keeping koi it is important to know that water is the most important factor in this wonderful lesson. First, the reservoir must be equipped with reliable high-performance filtration system, which will provide a continuous flow of clean running water.
Secondly, it is extremely important to ensure you receive enough oxygen, which is pumped by a compressor or by passing water through artificially arranged waterfall or cascade waterfalls. Thirdly, regular cleansing of the bottom of the reservoir to keep the water clean and clear, quite suitable for fish health.
The optimum water temperature for koi is 8-28°C. With its decrease koi spuskaetsya the bottom of the reservoir. And if the water temperature continues to fall, this can lead to fish kills. That’s why in autumn it is necessary to take care of the wintering of their Pets. A special attention should be paid to the nutrition of carp. For the safe transfer of cold weather, the fish should be given food, having in its composition a high percentage of protein and fat. Continue reading
12. What is the jellyfish, common in the Black and Azov seas, burning like nettles? ( Kornerot, or Hrizostom .)
13. What Medusa has much more victims than any shark? ( Sea wasp – Hironex from the squad Fleckeri Jellyfish. Occurs in the Great Barrier reef of Australia. Bell diameter up to 4,5 cm Usually “stung” her people are killed in a few minutes. The sea wasp venom affects the nervous system, leads to paralysis of the heart.
15. In some cases, predatory polychaetes dangerous to humans? ( Chitinous hook, with a serrated inner edge of the jaws of carnivorous polychaetes associated with venomous glands. Polychaetes may also have parapodia with poisonous bristles. Suffer from them most often fishermen, brought out the trawl catch. At a strong poisoning there is a sharp pain and swelling in the arms, appear headache, nausea.
16. In any case, some edible bivalves can be poisonous? ( If their tissues are developing certain bacteria or accumulate toxic substances.
17. What mollusk is called the “blue death”? ( Small (20 cm, 100 g) Hapalochaena octopus maculosa, which lives in the coastal areas of the tropical zone of the Pacific and Indian oceans. In the excited state it is covered with bright blue spots. Salivary glands of octopus have venom neurotoxins acting simultaneously on the nervous and muscular system. The bite of this clam privided paralysis of the respiratory muscles . Continue reading