It’s cold and frosty, and, of course, the owners of HOMESTEAD ponds are concerned, is properly prepared their ponds for the winter. However, if certain recommendations of your fish and other pond inhabitants can easily move even the most severe winter.
If the pond is large enough and its depth is more than 1.5 meters, then all its citizens can be safely left in place, through some measures to ensure their safety. Before freezing the water in the pond is saturated with oxygen, and the fish it would be enough for a long time. But the dead leaves of aquatic plants and the waste products of the fish will decompose in cold water and allocate detrimental to the inhabitants of the marsh gas pond.
For saturation of water with oxygen and removal of marsh gas must be cut in the ice hole and to ensure that they did not freeze. In no event it is impossible to break the ice with a hammer or other object. From the strong sound waves can hurt the fish.
To make the hole carefully and all the rules, you can use a simple way, taking a small metal container and adding hot water to gradually melt the ice. You can use the screws – a special device for ice fishing. Keep in mind that the thickness of the ice in the cold if your pond does not covered and will be 40-60 cm
During the winter as little as possible disturb the fish. At low temperatures water pond inhabitants fall into sostoianiia rest (hibernation) and are located at the bottom of the pond. The fish stops feeding and consumes less oxygen. Continue reading
12. What is the jellyfish, common in the Black and Azov seas, burning like nettles? ( Kornerot, or Hrizostom .)
13. What Medusa has much more victims than any shark? ( Sea wasp – Hironex from the squad Fleckeri Jellyfish. Occurs in the Great Barrier reef of Australia. Bell diameter up to 4,5 cm Usually “stung” her people are killed in a few minutes. The sea wasp venom affects the nervous system, leads to paralysis of the heart.
15. In some cases, predatory polychaetes dangerous to humans? ( Chitinous hook, with a serrated inner edge of the jaws of carnivorous polychaetes associated with venomous glands. Polychaetes may also have parapodia with poisonous bristles. Suffer from them most often fishermen, brought out the trawl catch. At a strong poisoning there is a sharp pain and swelling in the arms, appear headache, nausea.
16. In any case, some edible bivalves can be poisonous? ( If their tissues are developing certain bacteria or accumulate toxic substances.
17. What mollusk is called the “blue death”? ( Small (20 cm, 100 g) Hapalochaena octopus maculosa, which lives in the coastal areas of the tropical zone of the Pacific and Indian oceans. In the excited state it is covered with bright blue spots. Salivary glands of octopus have venom neurotoxins acting simultaneously on the nervous and muscular system. The bite of this clam privided paralysis of the respiratory muscles . Continue reading
Fish lovers and fish dishes will appreciate the ability of a slow cooker is ideal to cook it in a variety of ways. No matter you want a fish stew, steamed, boiled, or roasted, this equipment will become your reliable assistant. Pieces in any case will remain intact and will not burn, no matter what heat treatment it did not pass.
Those who prefer diet food, will appreciate the simplicity of cooking for a couple. You’ll spend just a few minutes and save with taste and nutritional quality of the product, which is very important for anyone who cares about their health. In multivarok there is a special mode designed for the cooking of products on pair.
On our website you will find many fish recipes from steamed to fried. All recipes are accompanied by photos. The preparation of these dishes does not require much time, and with the slow cooker it can be done even faster. You only need to put fish pieces or fish fillets in a bowl, add if necessary, there other ingredients and turn on the device. You don’t have to stand near the stove so the fish is not burnt, and you will not break up the pieces while turning.
Principles of fish cooking
Most modern equipment has a special program for the implementation of certain processes. But in some models may be missing some mode, e.g. mode suppression. In this case, cook a stew, using the mode of the soup. Cooking must be slow, because fish is a very delicate product.
The pieces of fish spread on the bottom of the slow cooker, add spices to taste. Put the grated vegetables such as carrots and onions, pour water and stew for hours. The fish is cooked you will know by the sound. The ingredients can be quite different, they depend on the recipes. Continue reading