12. What is the jellyfish, common in the Black and Azov seas, burning like nettles? ( Kornerot, or Hrizostom .)
13. What Medusa has much more victims than any shark? ( Sea wasp – Hironex from the squad Fleckeri Jellyfish. Occurs in the Great Barrier reef of Australia. Bell diameter up to 4,5 cm Usually “stung” her people are killed in a few minutes. The sea wasp venom affects the nervous system, leads to paralysis of the heart.
15. In some cases, predatory polychaetes dangerous to humans? ( Chitinous hook, with a serrated inner edge of the jaws of carnivorous polychaetes associated with venomous glands. Polychaetes may also have parapodia with poisonous bristles. Suffer from them most often fishermen, brought out the trawl catch. At a strong poisoning there is a sharp pain and swelling in the arms, appear headache, nausea.
16. In any case, some edible bivalves can be poisonous? ( If their tissues are developing certain bacteria or accumulate toxic substances.
17. What mollusk is called the “blue death”? ( Small (20 cm, 100 g) Hapalochaena octopus maculosa, which lives in the coastal areas of the tropical zone of the Pacific and Indian oceans. In the excited state it is covered with bright blue spots. Salivary glands of octopus have venom neurotoxins acting simultaneously on the nervous and muscular system. The bite of this clam privided paralysis of the respiratory muscles . Continue reading
The inhabitant of the sea, the fish, the lionfish, immediately attracts attention because of the bright color. Despite the name, she can’t fly. It is nicknamed the fish because of the large pectoral fins, a bit like wings. Other names lionfish — Zebra fish or lion fish. First she got because of the wide grey, brown and red stripes that are located throughout the body, and the other required long fins that make her look like a predatory lion.
Is fish lionfish the family scorpaenidae. The body length reaches 30 cm and a weight of 1 kg. Colour is bright, which makes the lionfish visible even at great depths. The main decoration lionfish — long ribbon dorsal and pectoral fins, which resemble the lion’s mane. These luxurious fins lurk sharp poisonous needles that make the lionfish one of the most dangerous inmates of the seas.
Common lionfish in the tropical parts of the Indian and Pacific oceans off the coast of China, Japan and Australia. It lives mainly on coral reefs.
During the day lionfish usually sedentary. They hide in caves among rocks and corals, clinging tightly belly to the surface and exposing their prickly and poisonous fins. At dusk they go hunting. The main source of food are crabs, shrimp, mollusks and small fish.
Standing motionless, the ribbon like beam of colored algae. Fish, who decided to examine this beam, unexpectedly fall into the widely opened mouth of the lionfish.
The visible coloration of a lionfish is not endowed with reason. Thus, it warns: “don’t come near — poisonous fish”. Grooves in the spiny rays of the first dorsal fin placed the lionfish venom glands. Very often, novice divers interested in beautiful fish, I decide to touch it or hold it in your hands. There’s a man and gets a terrible shot with a considerable dose of poison. Continue reading
As a rule, in the aquarium there are two kinds of marine aquariums. The first type – for keeping and breeding fish, and the second (reef) corals and other invertebrates, the functions of which are very demanding to such conditions as the water quality and light levels.
To properly run marine aquarium, you need to:
To consider in detail the decoration.
– Set the aquarium on a flat surface and mount the main part of the scenery. Please note that you do not need to cover the soil and stones.
– Then connect the filter with the filler, but not to include it, then be sure to earth the tank (placing a titanium electrode so that all the time he was in the water). To avoid failure of the charge connecting the grounding a qualified electrician.
– Now in the aquarium must be filled with ordinary tap water, and allow it to stand for 6-24 hours, after which the water is completely drained. Moreover, if during the manufacturing any parts-components were used aquarium chemicals to the water should be kept longer.
– Then, if the aquarium is less than 200 liters, fill with fresh water up to 3/4 full, if the aquarium is larger and its volume is more than 500 litres – at 4/5 of its volume.
To remove the water contained in various substances vrednaja fish, you can add a special aquarium conditioning. Continue reading