Note: Most of the creatures described in this section have their earth counterparts and are slightly different from them, but there are also unique found only in the creation of Tamriel, they are highlighted in gold font .
Belongs to the class of cartilaginous fishes. Sharks are large fish with long body, which gives it exceptional hydrodynamic properties. Sharks are predatory fish and fast swimmers. They live in seas and oceans around Tamriel. Eat fish, but dangerous as it can attack a person or elf, if he is in the ocean.
Reference. TESA: Redguard, Shark-werewolf
Fighting fish (River Betty):
Fighting fish is a small fish lilac color, which can be found in freshwater bodies of the province of Skyrim. Is of great interest to alchemists.
Reference. TES5: Skyrim
Fish living on the bottom of the seas of Tamriel. This lifestyle has led to the fact that flatfish swim “sideways”, which has a very flattened body, and her eyes are only on one, upper, side. The upper side is also more brightly coloured and there are fins. Flounder is the subject of the fishery the fishermen of Tamriel because of their meat. Continue reading
12. What is the jellyfish, common in the Black and Azov seas, burning like nettles? ( Kornerot, or Hrizostom .)
13. What Medusa has much more victims than any shark? ( Sea wasp – Hironex from the squad Fleckeri Jellyfish. Occurs in the Great Barrier reef of Australia. Bell diameter up to 4,5 cm Usually “stung” her people are killed in a few minutes. The sea wasp venom affects the nervous system, leads to paralysis of the heart.
15. In some cases, predatory polychaetes dangerous to humans? ( Chitinous hook, with a serrated inner edge of the jaws of carnivorous polychaetes associated with venomous glands. Polychaetes may also have parapodia with poisonous bristles. Suffer from them most often fishermen, brought out the trawl catch. At a strong poisoning there is a sharp pain and swelling in the arms, appear headache, nausea.
16. In any case, some edible bivalves can be poisonous? ( If their tissues are developing certain bacteria or accumulate toxic substances.
17. What mollusk is called the “blue death”? ( Small (20 cm, 100 g) Hapalochaena octopus maculosa, which lives in the coastal areas of the tropical zone of the Pacific and Indian oceans. In the excited state it is covered with bright blue spots. Salivary glands of octopus have venom neurotoxins acting simultaneously on the nervous and muscular system. The bite of this clam privided paralysis of the respiratory muscles . Continue reading
The inhabitant of the sea, the fish, the lionfish, immediately attracts attention because of the bright color. Despite the name, she can’t fly. It is nicknamed the fish because of the large pectoral fins, a bit like wings. Other names lionfish — Zebra fish or lion fish. First she got because of the wide grey, brown and red stripes that are located throughout the body, and the other required long fins that make her look like a predatory lion.
Is fish lionfish the family scorpaenidae. The body length reaches 30 cm and a weight of 1 kg. Colour is bright, which makes the lionfish visible even at great depths. The main decoration lionfish — long ribbon dorsal and pectoral fins, which resemble the lion’s mane. These luxurious fins lurk sharp poisonous needles that make the lionfish one of the most dangerous inmates of the seas.
Common lionfish in the tropical parts of the Indian and Pacific oceans off the coast of China, Japan and Australia. It lives mainly on coral reefs.
During the day lionfish usually sedentary. They hide in caves among rocks and corals, clinging tightly belly to the surface and exposing their prickly and poisonous fins. At dusk they go hunting. The main source of food are crabs, shrimp, mollusks and small fish.
Standing motionless, the ribbon like beam of colored algae. Fish, who decided to examine this beam, unexpectedly fall into the widely opened mouth of the lionfish.
The visible coloration of a lionfish is not endowed with reason. Thus, it warns: “don’t come near — poisonous fish”. Grooves in the spiny rays of the first dorsal fin placed the lionfish venom glands. Very often, novice divers interested in beautiful fish, I decide to touch it or hold it in your hands. There’s a man and gets a terrible shot with a considerable dose of poison. Continue reading