The immeasurable diversity of nature on our planet: scientists consider to 3500 species of mammals and more than 850 000 species of insects. Despite the fact that already for many centuries is explored flora and fauna, and annually published reports of discoveries of new species, which find even in long inhabited and explored areas. So, in the early 30-ies of our century was known to 800 thousand species of butterflies, and by 1942 he already 900 thousand species. Even less studied is the life in the oceans, which often make sensational discoveries.
The existence in the seas and oceans are dangerous animals the people knew even in ancient times, although along with very real views were widespread tales of fantastic sea monsters. It was known about the danger of injections of some animals, on the toxicity of some marine animals by eating them for food and, of course, about large aggressive fish – the shark. Currently published a lot of papers devoted to the description of poisoning from the ingestion of marine animals in different parts of the World ocean. So, only in 50-ies of our century from such poisoning suffered tysjacheletij. According to the researchers, only poisonous fish there are about 500 species, most of which live in the salty waters.
By climatic and geographical basis distinguish polar, Northern, temperate, subtropical and tropical zones. The majority of our population lives in Northern and moderate climatic zones and therefore are not familiar with the fauna and flora of the tropics. Year-round abundance of warmth in them contributes to the rapid development of wildlife. So, in the Amazon region, has about 15 thousand different species of animals. Continue reading
It should be remembered that on the proper selection of fish depend for their future livelihoods and development. In aquariums, the pet shop exotic fish swim. Here and bright blue or crimson cocks, large Crescent angelfish, handsome shiny neons, minors, goldfish and their varieties: veiltail, telescopes and many other showy fish. The combination of various shapes, a range of colors — all this is striking in its beauty and impressive picture. And quite understandable is the desire to acquire the most vibrant and spectacular fish. Fish are living beings with their own habits, needs, tastes, temper, which you should know and consider. For example, goldfish. It is unpretentious, not afraid of temperature fluctuations and not choosy with food. But the mahseer of sumatranus, Vice versa, capricious, effeminate and therefore requires a relentless worries.
Or take game fish. She is very afraid of cold, significant reduction of water temperature may be detrimental. Of course, for all tastes will please. However, choosing fish for the aquarium, it is necessary to consider their features. It is recommended to adhere to the following mandatory conditions of settlement of the aquarium. If its volume is small (about 10 litres), more than three fish in it to contain impossible, as the norm is three liters of water per fish length of five or six cm But will grow more.
Than rupnieciba, the more living space it needs. Therefore, we recommend to buy (or produce) the aquarium at least 30-40 litres of water, which will contain 10-15 fish. To give the fish in the aquarium must also thoughtfully. Combine the fish can only be equal in size, behavior and environmental conditions. Cold-water fish cannot be placed together with warm-water, predatory peace and the Oversight etc. when moving may cause the death of fish. Continue reading
12. What is the jellyfish, common in the Black and Azov seas, burning like nettles? ( Kornerot, or Hrizostom .)
13. What Medusa has much more victims than any shark? ( Sea wasp – Hironex from the squad Fleckeri Jellyfish. Occurs in the Great Barrier reef of Australia. Bell diameter up to 4,5 cm Usually “stung” her people are killed in a few minutes. The sea wasp venom affects the nervous system, leads to paralysis of the heart.
15. In some cases, predatory polychaetes dangerous to humans? ( Chitinous hook, with a serrated inner edge of the jaws of carnivorous polychaetes associated with venomous glands. Polychaetes may also have parapodia with poisonous bristles. Suffer from them most often fishermen, brought out the trawl catch. At a strong poisoning there is a sharp pain and swelling in the arms, appear headache, nausea.
16. In any case, some edible bivalves can be poisonous? ( If their tissues are developing certain bacteria or accumulate toxic substances.
17. What mollusk is called the “blue death”? ( Small (20 cm, 100 g) Hapalochaena octopus maculosa, which lives in the coastal areas of the tropical zone of the Pacific and Indian oceans. In the excited state it is covered with bright blue spots. Salivary glands of octopus have venom neurotoxins acting simultaneously on the nervous and muscular system. The bite of this clam privided paralysis of the respiratory muscles . Continue reading