Beijing zoo is one of the most visited places in China. This is a beautiful zoo in the Western part of the country’s capital, Beijing. The popularity he gained as a Park the Western Suburbs, when he founded people’s Republic of China. It should be noted that the area presents zoo has the appearance of a classical Chinese garden.
This is the only place you can see a unique combination of natural thickets of plants, together with artificial vegetation of flowers and a small stream, dense groves of trees, Lotus ponds, stretches of meadows, small hills that littered the enclosures and pavilions. Basically, in this zoo, you can see wild and rare animals. Among the animals of the zoo, you can select a giant Panda, Sichuan Golden monkey Korotkova, polar bears from the North pole, Manchurian tigers, huge sea turtles, kangaroos from Australia, Tibetan yaks and many other animals.
It is worth noting that the Beijing zoo is also a center for Zoological research in the cultivation and study of fairly rare animals from different parts of the world. Each year, this wonderful zoo is visited by a huge number of tourists. The structure of the Beijing zoo covers a very large area (about fifty thousand square meters), with a pavilion including elephants, monkeys, aviary, cages of lions and tigers, pandas pavilion and much more. Continue reading
12. What is the jellyfish, common in the Black and Azov seas, burning like nettles? ( Kornerot, or Hrizostom .)
13. What Medusa has much more victims than any shark? ( Sea wasp – Hironex from the squad Fleckeri Jellyfish. Occurs in the Great Barrier reef of Australia. Bell diameter up to 4,5 cm Usually “stung” her people are killed in a few minutes. The sea wasp venom affects the nervous system, leads to paralysis of the heart.
15. In some cases, predatory polychaetes dangerous to humans? ( Chitinous hook, with a serrated inner edge of the jaws of carnivorous polychaetes associated with venomous glands. Polychaetes may also have parapodia with poisonous bristles. Suffer from them most often fishermen, brought out the trawl catch. At a strong poisoning there is a sharp pain and swelling in the arms, appear headache, nausea.
16. In any case, some edible bivalves can be poisonous? ( If their tissues are developing certain bacteria or accumulate toxic substances.
17. What mollusk is called the “blue death”? ( Small (20 cm, 100 g) Hapalochaena octopus maculosa, which lives in the coastal areas of the tropical zone of the Pacific and Indian oceans. In the excited state it is covered with bright blue spots. Salivary glands of octopus have venom neurotoxins acting simultaneously on the nervous and muscular system. The bite of this clam privided paralysis of the respiratory muscles . Continue reading
Fish of the Black sea – a total of 193 species. About all we will not speak. But some of the fish species of the Black sea is worth mentioning.
The mullet is a genus of fish of the family of mullets, numbering two kinds. This valuable little food fish reaches a length of 40 cm red mullet are Distinguished by the presence of long “whiskers” on the lower jaw, which muddies the sand on the sea bottom and catching small animals. Live in the Mediterranean and adjacent seas. Fishing for red mullet .
Goatfish or red mullet
Kalkan, the largest black sea flatfish, reaches a length of over 70 cm and a weight of 12-16 kg. more Dark spin Kalkan (formerly the left side) covered with numerous bony tubercles. Hard skin fish owes its name to the Turkish word “Kalkan” means a shield with additional protection, umbono. Kalkan inhabits sandy and Shelly soils of the seabed. Winter and summer it is the depth, in spring and autumn makes a small migration and moves to shallow water. It spawns from April to July. Feeds on demersal fish and crabs. The body flounders glosses covered with scales. Eyes, unlike Kalkan, moved to the right side. Length of Glossa is not more than 30 cm. Continue reading