The immeasurable diversity of nature on our planet: scientists consider to 3500 species of mammals and more than 850 000 species of insects. Despite the fact that already for many centuries is explored flora and fauna, and annually published reports of discoveries of new species, which find even in long inhabited and explored areas. So, in the early 30-ies of our century was known to 800 thousand species of butterflies, and by 1942 he already 900 thousand species. Even less studied is the life in the oceans, which often make sensational discoveries.
The existence in the seas and oceans are dangerous animals the people knew even in ancient times, although along with very real views were widespread tales of fantastic sea monsters. It was known about the danger of injections of some animals, on the toxicity of some marine animals by eating them for food and, of course, about large aggressive fish – the shark. Currently published a lot of papers devoted to the description of poisoning from the ingestion of marine animals in different parts of the World ocean. So, only in 50-ies of our century from such poisoning suffered tysjacheletij. According to the researchers, only poisonous fish there are about 500 species, most of which live in the salty waters.
By climatic and geographical basis distinguish polar, Northern, temperate, subtropical and tropical zones. The majority of our population lives in Northern and moderate climatic zones and therefore are not familiar with the fauna and flora of the tropics. Year-round abundance of warmth in them contributes to the rapid development of wildlife. So, in the Amazon region, has about 15 thousand different species of animals. Continue reading
Outdoor open ponds, which are becoming increasingly popular among vacationers and simply living in the countryside, in winter, of course, freeze. Tightly and freeze. Thick, sometimes almost a foot of ice covers the access of air to the water. Meanwhile, these reservoirs are very densely inhabited by any living creatures. At least – that all sorts of beetles and larvae of dragonflies. In the waters find shelter for the winter frog. And how high is this fish wild or ornamental, sometimes very expensive. And all of them, even those who is in a state of winter hibernation, the necessary oxygen in the water.
Everyone knows that for example carp winter after he buried into the bottom mud. And seemingly no Zamora they are not afraid. But it is in nature, in large enough bodies of water. In the same garden ponds and pools, which are usually overpopulated and aren’t many (if any), and the amount of water attributed to each individual fish is much smaller. And then there appear uncontrolled parasite – frog, and others, also consuming oxygen. In General, in winter under the ice even sleeping goldfish is not sweet. What can we say about the fish, not falling into the hibernation. For example, the roach, the perch and others. As such, playful and not shy fish are a summer decoration of the water, playing at its surface, collecting the fallen insects. Petomane to protect from winter Zamora.
In order to protect the fish from Zamora, it is necessary to ensure the flow of oxygen in the water. Or rather, to ensure contact of water and air, at least in a small area of several square decimeters. I.e. to arrange in a frozen pond wormwood. This can be done in several ways. Continue reading
12. What is the jellyfish, common in the Black and Azov seas, burning like nettles? ( Kornerot, or Hrizostom .)
13. What Medusa has much more victims than any shark? ( Sea wasp – Hironex from the squad Fleckeri Jellyfish. Occurs in the Great Barrier reef of Australia. Bell diameter up to 4,5 cm Usually “stung” her people are killed in a few minutes. The sea wasp venom affects the nervous system, leads to paralysis of the heart.
15. In some cases, predatory polychaetes dangerous to humans? ( Chitinous hook, with a serrated inner edge of the jaws of carnivorous polychaetes associated with venomous glands. Polychaetes may also have parapodia with poisonous bristles. Suffer from them most often fishermen, brought out the trawl catch. At a strong poisoning there is a sharp pain and swelling in the arms, appear headache, nausea.
16. In any case, some edible bivalves can be poisonous? ( If their tissues are developing certain bacteria or accumulate toxic substances.
17. What mollusk is called the “blue death”? ( Small (20 cm, 100 g) Hapalochaena octopus maculosa, which lives in the coastal areas of the tropical zone of the Pacific and Indian oceans. In the excited state it is covered with bright blue spots. Salivary glands of octopus have venom neurotoxins acting simultaneously on the nervous and muscular system. The bite of this clam privided paralysis of the respiratory muscles . Continue reading