Outdoor open ponds, which are becoming increasingly popular among vacationers and simply living in the countryside, in winter, of course, freeze. Tightly and freeze. Thick, sometimes almost a foot of ice covers the access of air to the water. Meanwhile, these reservoirs are very densely inhabited by any living creatures. At least – that all sorts of beetles and larvae of dragonflies. In the waters find shelter for the winter frog. And how high is this fish wild or ornamental, sometimes very expensive. And all of them, even those who is in a state of winter hibernation, the necessary oxygen in the water.
Everyone knows that for example carp winter after he buried into the bottom mud. And seemingly no Zamora they are not afraid. But it is in nature, in large enough bodies of water. In the same garden ponds and pools, which are usually overpopulated and aren’t many (if any), and the amount of water attributed to each individual fish is much smaller. And then there appear uncontrolled parasite – frog, and others, also consuming oxygen. In General, in winter under the ice even sleeping goldfish is not sweet. What can we say about the fish, not falling into the hibernation. For example, the roach, the perch and others. As such, playful and not shy fish are a summer decoration of the water, playing at its surface, collecting the fallen insects. Petomane to protect from winter Zamora.
In order to protect the fish from Zamora, it is necessary to ensure the flow of oxygen in the water. Or rather, to ensure contact of water and air, at least in a small area of several square decimeters. I.e. to arrange in a frozen pond wormwood. This can be done in several ways. Continue reading
In recent years, the breeding of decorative fish species, such as koi fish, is a favorite pastime of lovers of the exotic. Besides, it’s still a pretty profitable business. Those Japanese with fancy coloration fishes are of great interest not only to aesthetes. Garden ponds with such inhabitants become the perfect decoration for any suburban area. The owners of artificial lakes should take into account the fact that koi carp is quite cold and prefers clean, flowing water with high oxygen content. This environment will provide the exotic fish comfortable habitat conditions.
For successful breeding and keeping koi it is important to know that water is the most important factor in this wonderful lesson. First, the reservoir must be equipped with reliable high-performance filtration system, which will provide a continuous flow of clean running water.
Secondly, it is extremely important to ensure you receive enough oxygen, which is pumped by a compressor or by passing water through artificially arranged waterfall or cascade waterfalls. Thirdly, regular cleansing of the bottom of the reservoir to keep the water clean and clear, quite suitable for fish health.
The optimum water temperature for koi is 8-28°C. With its decrease koi spuskaetsya the bottom of the reservoir. And if the water temperature continues to fall, this can lead to fish kills. That’s why in autumn it is necessary to take care of the wintering of their Pets. A special attention should be paid to the nutrition of carp. For the safe transfer of cold weather, the fish should be given food, having in its composition a high percentage of protein and fat. Continue reading
12. What is the jellyfish, common in the Black and Azov seas, burning like nettles? ( Kornerot, or Hrizostom .)
13. What Medusa has much more victims than any shark? ( Sea wasp – Hironex from the squad Fleckeri Jellyfish. Occurs in the Great Barrier reef of Australia. Bell diameter up to 4,5 cm Usually “stung” her people are killed in a few minutes. The sea wasp venom affects the nervous system, leads to paralysis of the heart.
15. In some cases, predatory polychaetes dangerous to humans? ( Chitinous hook, with a serrated inner edge of the jaws of carnivorous polychaetes associated with venomous glands. Polychaetes may also have parapodia with poisonous bristles. Suffer from them most often fishermen, brought out the trawl catch. At a strong poisoning there is a sharp pain and swelling in the arms, appear headache, nausea.
16. In any case, some edible bivalves can be poisonous? ( If their tissues are developing certain bacteria or accumulate toxic substances.
17. What mollusk is called the “blue death”? ( Small (20 cm, 100 g) Hapalochaena octopus maculosa, which lives in the coastal areas of the tropical zone of the Pacific and Indian oceans. In the excited state it is covered with bright blue spots. Salivary glands of octopus have venom neurotoxins acting simultaneously on the nervous and muscular system. The bite of this clam privided paralysis of the respiratory muscles . Continue reading